• Managing projects through completion; from gathering project bids to production scheduling and budgeting to layout and finally press checks and distribution.
• Leadership, training and mentoring responsibilities within design and production departments.
• Maintaining relationships with vendors, clients, and sales staff regarding project specifications.
• Design and production of monthly, annual and semi-annual publications; advertising; sales and collateral materials; catalogs and brand identities.
• Providing creative support to broad client base with varied messages and needs.
• Innovating new design and production processes to decrease production time.
• Contributing design direction to web site redesigns and iPhone/iPad application interfaces.
• Researching custom media options and preparing products for digital platforms.
Wildfire Creative | Owner/Designer | June 2013 – Present
I am a one-woman design agency focused on creating effective and dynamic designs, managing projects and mentoring other design professionals. My passion for concepting and thinking outside the box are the most important elements in my creative process. My work ranges from social media graphics to large-scale projects such as delivery van wraps to logo design and a full branding suite.
BankNews Media | Art Director | November 2012 – September 2018
Design and layout of two flagship publications. Oversee design and layout of six state association publications and ten bank directories. Create and maintain all corporate marketing materials. Regulate production end of all publications, including creating PDFs for the printer, ensuring quality control with softproofing, approving jobs for press.
Penton Media | Project Manager | November 2007 – November 2012
Manage the entire production of three yearly database-driven, ad-supported directories. Collect and organize more than 800 print advertisements for each directory. Creative design for e-mail blasts, web sites, in-house marketing, outside advertisers, etc. Online ad trafficking and organization for 8 web sites.
Anthem Media | Graphic Designer | January 2007 – November 2007
Content Manager for three monthly magazines. Managed all aspects of design, production and gathering content. Developed and designed campaigns and many other promotional items for the Media, Marketing, and Motorsports divisions of Anthem. Including concept and design of NASCAR Fan Guides for over 15 different NASCAR tracks.
Adobe Creative Suite including Flash and Dreamweaver, QuarkXpress, CorelDraw, CorelPaint, ability to read and write basic HTML code, Microsoft Office, content management systems, online ad trafficking systems.
Bachelor of Science in Advertising: December 2006
Northwest Missouri State University (NWMSU): Maryville, Missouri